Knowledge Base > SecureNet Dealer Portal > Dealer Portal: Adding an account
Before you can have an IGM or Helix system connect to the SecureNet service, you must first add an account using the Dealer portal. There are a few tricks to keep in mind while doing this:
- When you add account information, phone numbers can not include any special characters. Use the numbers only!
- You must assign an account a service plan, which will identify if this is an alarm only, full interactive, or system that includes video monitoring and storage.
- You must make sure the account is “LIVE” by clicking the LIVE button at the top of the page.
- Setting up the account also assigns the system a receiver number for central station monitoring. These are typically auto-assigned as shown in the video.
- You must go into account details and add the MAC address of the Helix or IGM before the system will connect. NOTE: Double check the accuracy of this information! If it is not correct, the Helix/IGM will not be associated with the account properly.
The video below will provide a brief overview of this procedure.